Located on the Eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay, Frankston is renowned for its award-winning waterfront, natural reserves, vibrant lifestyle, diverse community and growing business, arts, education, and health sectors. Frankston strives to be recognised as the lifestyle capital of Victoria, with a key focus on building a high performing organisation, a positive workplace culture and improved engagement with the community to deliver on Council’s strategic direction.
Find out more about Frankston City Council at www.frankston.vic.gov.au
This exciting and diverse role provides a fantastic opportunity to provide direction and leadership in managing staff and other resources to ensure high quality delivery of services to the Frankston community across Arts, Culture, Tourism, Events and Hospitality.
Reporting to the Director Business Innovation and Culture and leading 8 direct reports and an overall team of 130, this key role forms part of Council’s senior management team and will be accountable for:
- Successful management of four Council library facilities
- Successful management of Frankston Arts Centre
- Leading the team to work across the organisation and with stakeholders and community to understand, plan for and manage a changing city in line with the Community and Council Plan
- Building positive relationships with a range of government, business and community stakeholders, including representing Council in a range of forums
- Building an improvement culture, optimising processes and delivery of high performing services to improve customer and team experience
Applicants will have appropriate tertiary qualifications and substantial senior level experience of relevance to the responsibilities of this portfolio, preferably in Local Government. Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills will allow the development of innovative and evidence-based plans, programs and responses, and a demonstrated understanding of the principles of sound community engagement, and experience in effective practices will be critical.
For further information or a position description, please go to https://bit.ly/2VSQhmg or contact Charlie Cole at Camden Search and Selection on Charlie@camdensearch.com.au for a confidential discussion. Applications will close on Friday 1st October 2021 and any enquiries will be treated with absolute confidence