Monash City Council is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
Reporting to the Director Community Services, this pivotal leadership role leads six direct reports and an overall team of 117 staff (80 EFT) with responsibility for providing strategic advice on and management of a range of early years, youth and family services that are tailored to meet community expectations and achieve positive outcomes for the Monash community.
As a pivotal member of the broader Community Services Divisional leadership team, the manager will provide high level advice to the Director, Councillors and the Executive Leadership Team and bring a high level of thought leadership to drive a contemporary approach to service delivery, with a strong emphasis on customer service and value.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver strategic outcomes that reflect the needs of the community, trends, service delivery, community development and asset management within a highly consultative and diverse stakeholder environment
- Provide policy and advice to Council in relation to Children, Youth and Family Services ensuring that Council is well apprised of developments in State and Federal Government policy and the expected impact of the measures on the Monash community
- Explore opportunities for partnerships and build effective networks between Council and community organisations, other Councils, service providers, State and Federal governments and other sectors, including the preparation of submissions to ensure that Council has maximum access to grant funding programs
- Provide leadership that fosters innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement both internally and externally
- Maintain effective project management, operating systems, procedures and policy consistent with Council’s policy direction and strategic priorities
The role calls for proven expertise in managing diverse teams within a complex multidisciplinary organisation, a high level of political astuteness and exceptional communication and stakeholder engagement skills. Experience in Local Government or aligned public sector organisations would be highly beneficial for this challenging and rewarding Manager role.
With demonstrated people leadership, transformation success, high resilience and a focus on cultural evolution and innovation, you will use your values driven leadership, strategic thinking and collaboration to influence multiple stakeholders and empower the team to deliver results and build individual, team and community capacity.
For a position description please go to https://bit.ly/3vYt15v or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Applications close on Friday 27th May and will be treated with total confidence.
“The EDUCATION AND CARE SERVICES NATIONAL LAW ACT 2010 requires that a person with management or control of an education and care service is assessed as a ‘fit and proper person’. At Monash this officer is typically the Manager Children, Youth and Family Services”.