Knox City Council is a vibrant municipality, encompassing the best of city and suburban living. With its unique landscape ringed with a green ribbon, the energy of a lively city and strong community feel, Knox is the preferred place to live for over 163,000 residents and generations to come.
Knox is committed to putting residents first in everything that we do, making the lives of the community better through innovation, leadership, and the delivery of quality services. Enabled by a highly skilled workforce and a strong financial position, the organisation is well set to meet the future challenges of a growing population.
This exciting and diverse role provides a fantastic opportunity to manage and oversee a broad portfolio of critical functions including Emergency Management, Community Laws, Health Services, Prosecutions and more.
Reporting to the Director City Strategy & Integrity and leading six direct reports and an overall team of 180, this key role forms part of Council’s senior management team and will be accountable for:
- Management of statutory operations, approvals, compliance and enforcement across numerous legislative frameworks and functions
- Leading the team to work across the organisation and with stakeholders and community to understand, plan for and manage a changing city in line with the Community and Council Plan
- Building positive relationships with a range of government, business and community stakeholders, including representing Council in a range of forums
- Playing a lead role in advancing regulatory thinking and policy, community education and behaviour change to achieve safety, health and amenity outcomes
- Modelling strong values based leadership, driving strong team engagement and staff development
- Building an improvement culture, optimising processes and delivery of high performing services to improve customer and team experience
Applicants will have relevant tertiary qualifications and senior level experience aligned with the responsibilities of this portfolio, preferably with Local Government experience. Highly developed analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills will enable the development of innovative and evidence-based plans, programs and responses, and a demonstrated understanding of the principles of sound community engagement, and experience in effective practices will be critical.
For further information or a position description, please go to https://bit.ly/38wB7Wm or contact Charlie Cole at Camden Search and Selection on Charlie@camdensearch.com.au for a confidential discussion. Applications will close on Thursday 16th September 2021 and any enquiries will be treated with absolute confidence.