Situated on Port Phillip Bay around 7km west of central Melbourne, Hobsons Bay is an established municipality with over 20kms of coastline, a rich natural environment, a diverse community and local economy including a growing number of manufacturing, transport and goods distribution companies and service industries. The city is superbly located, with great access to key transport facilities.
Find out more about Hobsons Bay City Council at www.hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and overseeing two direct reports with a broader team of 12, this key leadership role is a fantastic opportunity for a creative, strategic communications professional to drive contemporary and innovative communications, engagement and advocacy within their team and across Council. You will quickly establish yourself as a trusted advisor, providing sound and timely strategic advice to Council, the CEO and the broader Executive Team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing quality strategic and operational advice to the Council and Executive on key functional areas in line with the Council Plan and associated policies and procedures
- Lead Council’s communications, branding, social media strategies, policies, materials and plans to support Council’s objectives
- Work in conjunction with the CEO and Executive to develop and implement strategic advocacy campaigns to maximise the outcomes of Council’s advocacy efforts
- Support high quality community engagement by council with policy, tools, sometimes leading and sometimes supporting engagement activities
- Ensure the timely production of quality internal and external communications utilising contemporary communication techniques
Tertiary qualifications in relevant disciplines such as Public Relations, journalism and communications, along with significant experience in a complex, political environment at a senior level are both essential. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, with the ability to work in a creative and flexible manner, and to contribute to a collaborative, accountable and continuously improving organisation.
Download the position description at https://bit.ly/3K6SwXj or contact Charlie Cole at Camden Search on Charlie@camdensearch.com.au for further information. Applications will close on Sunday 30th January 2022 and will be treated with the strictest of confidence.