Situated on Port Phillip Bay around 7km west of central Melbourne, Hobsons Bay is an established municipality with over 20kms of coastline, a rich natural environment, a diverse community and local economy including a growing number of manufacturing, transport and goods distribution companies and service industries. The city is superbly located, with great access to key transport facilities.
Find out more about Hobsons Bay City Council at www.hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au.
Reporting directly to the Director Sustainable Communities and overseeing five direct reports with a broader team of 100, this key leadership role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Community Services leader to provide effective management, leadership and development of a diverse department that includes Council’s direct community services across all age groups (early years, youth, MCH and vaccination, as well as services to older residents and residents with disabilities).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead Council’s response to the next wave of Commonwealth reforms in the Aged Care sector
- Development and planning of future service provision for a growing community with diverse needs, maximising value and the development of alternative service delivery models
- Working collaboratively across Council in order to provide excellent service and to seek out continuous improvement opportunities
- Undertaking regular service reviews to ensure maximum benefit to clients across the municipality
- Managing complex budgets and funding and service agreements
- Maintaining effective key stakeholder relationships with residents, businesses, community organisations, community leaders, the private sector and government agencies and applied skills in community consultation and engagement
With demonstrated people leadership and transformation success, a high level of resilience and a focus on cultural evolution and innovation, you will use your leadership, strategic thinking and collaboration to influence multiple stakeholders and empower the team to deliver results and build individual, team and community capacity.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic leader who is committed to strengthening and enhancing a high-performance culture.
Download a copy of the position description at https://bit.ly/3I6qPMB or contact Charlie Cole at Camden Search on Charlie@camdensearch.com.au for further information. Applications will close on Sunday 30th January 2022 and will be treated with absolute confidence