Located on the Eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay, Frankston is renowned for its award-winning waterfront, natural reserves, vibrant lifestyle, diverse community and growing business, arts, education, and health sectors. Frankston strives to be recognised as the lifestyle capital of Victoria, with a key focus on building a high performing organisation, a positive workplace culture and improved engagement with the community to deliver on Council’s strategic direction.
Find out more about Frankston City Council at www.frankston.vic.gov.au
Reporting to the Director Communities, the role is responsible for the effective management, leadership and development of a diverse department of 120 staff that consists of Family Support, Maternal Child Health, Children’s Services, Ageing Services and HACC.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- The development and planning of future service provision for a growing community with diverse needs, maximising value to the community and the development of alternative service delivery models
- Extensive liaison and consultation with Council, the community, stakeholders and other internal departments in order to provide excellent service and to seek out continuous improvement opportunities
- Implementing the outcomes of the Children’s Services Policy Review
- Undertaking of regular service reviews to ensure maximum benefit to clients across the municipality
- Monitor and manage funding and service agreements, acquitting targets on a monthly basis
Applications are sought from experienced, professional leaders who demonstrate positive work behaviours and a genuine commitment to embedding the organisation’s values across the team and across Council. The successful candidate will bring significant experience working within family support services and will display empathy, humility and a passion for community and social justice working to improve community outcomes.
With demonstrated people leadership, transformation success, high resilience and a focus on cultural evolution and innovation, you will use your values driven leadership, strategic thinking and collaboration to influence multiple stakeholders and empower the team to deliver results and build individual, team and community capacity.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic leader who is committed to strengthening and enhancing a high-performance culture.
For further information or a position description, please go to https://bit.ly/3AhOMNl contact Charlie Cole at Camden Search and Selection on Charlie@camdensearch.com.au. Applications must include completed answers to the above Key Selection Criteria and will close on Friday 1st October 2021.