Southern Grampians Shire is a leading, innovative and creative community offering many opportunities with the best of country living. With a population of 16,510, the Shire covers an area of 6,652 square kilometres. Hamilton is the main retail and service centre supported by the nine surrounding townships of Balmoral, Branxholme, Byaduk, Cavendish, Coleraine, Dunkeld, Glenthompson, Penshurst and Tarrington.
Find out more about Southern Grampians Shire Council at www.sthgrampians.vic.gov.au.
This exciting and diverse role is responsible for the implementation of strategically aligned organisational development projects that meet both corporate requirements as well as the needs of individual service and business units.
The incumbent will have responsibility for partnering with leaders and employees across Council to develop organisational capability, culture and contemporary People and Culture services that align with the organisation’s vision, values and strategic direction. This key role leads the organisation’s people strategy, programs, systems, policies, and processes that will deliver the best possible employee experience, enabling Southern Grampians to be an employer of choice and for building the capability required to be a modern and sustainable organisation.
Reporting to the Director Community and Corporate Services, overseeing four direct reports and an overall team of 10 staff, this key role forms part of Council’s senior leadership team and will be accountable for:
- Leading the Organisational Development Unit and providing strategic advice to the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team on Workforce Development, Risk, Governance and OH&S matters
- Providing leadership and management of all relevant functions in tandem with the pursuit to embed continuous improvement within all Council’s key decision making processes
- Partnering with the Senior Leadership Team and Coordinators to help achieve the operational and strategic priorities for all Council services
- Coordinating the internal audit function for council including ongoing liaison with the Internal Auditors and Audit and Risk committee chair
- Providing expert advice to the Executive Leadership team in creating an organisational culture that puts people first and reflects the organisation’s cultural commitments
- Leading the delivery of Council’s Workforce Plan and Gender Equality Action Plan deliverables
- Leading the provision of professional and specialist advice to the Senior Leadership team in the areas of people services across the employment life-cycle, industrial relations, workplace safety and wellbeing, compliance and organisational development
- Leading organisational development and cultural change strategies within Council, focusing on leadership, team effectiveness, organisational alignment, and measurement of employee engagement
For further information or a position description, please go to https://bit.ly/3KwQ3nY or contact Charlie Cole at Camden Search on Charlie@camdensearch.com.au for a confidential discussion.
Applications will close on Sunday 15th May 2022 and any enquiries will be treated with absolute confidence.