Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. We are supporting our community in difficult times, and our long-term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
This is a key opportunity for an engaging, contemporary governance leader to join as Unit Manager Governance and Civic Protocols, reporting directly to the Manager Governance and Strategy. The role oversees three direct reports and an overall team of eight.
The incumbent will lead the Governance and Civic Protocols Unit to attain true high operational and business performance to effectively support the Mayor and Councillors, the organisation and Moreland community; with a focus on achieving high quality governance, compliance, continuous improvement and effective conduct advice across Council.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting Council’s governance functions and ensure policies and procedures are in place that enhance good governance both in relation to Councillors and staff behaviour
- Managing support provided to the Mayor and Councillors
- Managing the procurement of legal services
- Ensuring Council is up to date with its legislative obligations, particularly in relation to the Local Government Act
- Managing a Civic Events function that delivers high quality events which reflect well on Council
- Driving a cohesive and constructive workplace culture that reflects the organisational values.
The role’s significant interaction with other areas of the organisation will require a strong customer focus and candidates will have to demonstrate their ability to work in a politically sensitive environment. Candidates will bring relevant tertiary qualifications in Public Administration, Business Management, Law or another relevant field.
Obtain a candidate pack at https://bit.ly/3vqr7Y2 and for an informal discussion, please contact Charlie Cole on email@example.com. Applications close on Wednesday 12th May 2021 and will be treated with absolute confidence.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.